stats

Wednesday 7 April 2010

The late Spring





I took this image in my local park two years ago in mid February. It is the blossom of the cherry plum (prunus cerasifera), one of the first trees to flower in the spring.  I looked at the same tree this week and found that the blossoms were not fully out.  That suggests that the season is over a month behind.  Is this the case in Europe and America?  I have got a small allotment and I am looking forward to planting my first-early potatoes, but I think I'll give it a week or two.  Also, I am looking forward to planting out tender vegetables like snap beans and tomatoes in my mini greenhouse, but that must wait too.
This is very different from last spring when I took a  lot of photos in Cambridge.  My daughter and her husband have moved to this picturesque and historic university city.  I took some in their garden and some along the glorious River Cam at the back of the university



1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos. Everyone was saying that the daffs were late but I'm not sure. Have a good Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete